Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Identifying sound reels

  1. #1
    Inactive Member jumar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 19th, 2003
    Posts
    28
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Easy question:

    I have found a reel of super 8 film from 1978. I've never actually seen a processed sound reel, and am wondering how to identify whether the reel has sound by looking at the print.

    Thanks.

    P.S. I've checked the archives.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 05, 2003 04:25 AM: Message edited by: jumar ]</font>

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member BolexPlusx's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 30th, 2002
    Posts
    369
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The sound stripes are two dark lines going down both (rarely just one)side of the film. If you compare it to a piece of film you know to be silent, the difference will be obvious.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •